Thursday, December 31, 2015

"Still Foolin' 'Em" - Billy Crystal's take on turn 65


"Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?" is the subtitle of Billy Crystal's 2013 book on turning 65.

It opens as if he's channeling me. Same questions, same thoughts, same fears, same frustrations, same aches and pains. No credit. I'd sue but I'm pretty sure it's just happening to all of us.

It's wonderful to know an artist's performing style so well that while reading his words, I hear his vocal inflections and imagine him acting it out for me --- reading it aloud to me.

It's an entertaining read and moves about as fast as Crystal does on stage. The only problem: I'm in bed with a book rather than Crystal himself...oh, that's right, he's happily married. ugh.



"Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?," published by Henry Holt, 2013



Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment